Monday, December 27, 2010

All is Quiet on the Eastern Front..

Back in Chicago.

First time I've left this city since living here where I didn't want to come back. The snow is massive, piled up around the city and parked until the winter ends. Sixteen degrees as I left my apartment this morning.

Irving Blue Line

Irving Blue Line Bridge

Old Irving Park

Irving Park Rd & Pulaski


Yesterday AVFC fell to Tottenham. I really was suspicious of Gerard Houllier when he arrived, but January's transfers should indicate how savvy he remains as a club manager. The game against Tottenham wasn't enough, though there were moments of quality and some great new blood getting to show their strength. Lichaj is a great midfielder, and as a Chicagoan (sorta) and an American, I'm excited to see him excel. Albrighton's goal was an accident. Villa really need more firepower.



Lastly, tons to do at work today and even bigger decisions to make in the coming days. Trying to be up for it and take on life with zeal instead of just kicking back.





Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment