Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Running Out of Time

Always feel like I'm running out of time.

I picked up a lot of good new music lately and I'm really excited to start listening to more and more of it. I got a repress of the Spacemen 3 record Sound of Confusion, and it's incredible. It's strangely addicting--like everything else I want to listen to feels like a derivative of that record for whatever reason.

I have to stop by Hard Boiled Records soon in Chicago's Roscoe Village. The last time I was there I was waiting for my bike to be fixed, and someone had sold a huge collection--Jesus and Mary Chain, tons of Smiths records, tons of Moz singles, Echo & the Bunnymen, Pistols, Beatles, etc. Tons of good late '70s kinda post-punk stuff. Knowing that I shouldn't spend any more money, I only picked up two records -- The Fall's I am Kurious Oranj and a record by The Housemartins. I doubt much will be left but it's not too far.

My bike got stolen. Full bummer. I put like $500 into that thing before it disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment