Saturday, September 25, 2010

Flowers and Football Tops...

For those of you who saw, today saw a lot of interesting results in football/soccer.

EPL -- Tottenham lost to West Ham 1-0, West Bromwich Albion beat Arsenal, Liverpool drew with Sunderland, and Chelsea, who looked all but unstoppable, lost to Manchester City. In La Liga, Real Madrid were held goalless by a side who just got promoted from the Segunda. With as much money as Real Madrid has invested on the biggest players in the world, including new World Cup stars like Angel Di Maria and Mesut Ozil, it's incredible to me that they don't dominate with as much fluidity as a team like Barcelona (who won 3-0 without Lionel Messi). Manchester City's money-spending has got them a team of complete all stars, but it still seems like the only one they really needed is Carlos Tevez. He scored in between the legs of Ashley Cole today and it was fantastic. I felt like I could feel the goal building as soon as Tevez got the ball.

Anyway, my Saturday has been completely spent between soccer and music. I hung out with a few friends and played quite a few riffs/jams I've been trying to work on and I was super excited about the way everything sounded. Here's to hoping we're able to do it again some time soon. I'll post recordings here if I ever end up doing anything with them.



UPDATE: Here's a really great interview on Tevez being given the Captaincy at City.

No comments:

Post a Comment