Saturday, December 5, 2009

Villa Victory, World Cup Draw, City Win at Chelsea...

Living in Chicago, you can't luck out every week with your EPL cable coverage, and this week they weren't airing the Villa match as Villa took on Hull City at Villa Park. I was pleased when I woke up to some good news, however, namely that Villa seemed to dismantle Hull without too much trouble.



Richard Dunne and Gabby celebrating Dunne's strike, which I'm still waiting to see on the highlights.


A thrilling match I did get to see was Chelsea and Manchester City. I was excited for Eastlands and co. when Robinho came through, and I thought he played a great game. Also, for me it's always exciting just to see Chelsea lose--especially this season. They look invincible half the time. Ancoletti has turned that team into a veritable force of strength, and I think it's fair to say that City gave them a run for their money today...no pun intended.

After World Cup draw yesterday, I'm actually pretty excited to see the USA get drawn in a group with England, though it's going to be tough to make it through. I'm confident that this will be a good World Cup for the US; they seem to have a fairly good squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment