Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tattoo San Chicago

Lately, I've been wanting to finish my left arm and try to get tattooed in Chicago.

It's not necessarily going to happen. The person who tattooed me in San Diego, CA is the almighty Rob Benavides. In fact, you can see my arm here. I feel like I need to wait to get in touch with Rob before trying to speak to other artists. Jackie Dunn Smith also tattoos with Rob at Flying Panther, and they're both artists that I need to contact soon. Check out the photo below that I found on Jackie's portfolio:



Clash reference? Hope so.

I've been on the hunt for some great artists in Chicago, of which there's no shortage, of course.

Mario Desa and Nick Colella of the Chicago Tattooing and Piercing Co. deserve honorable mention. I'm a huge fan. The shop is also supposed to be among the oldest in the nation.

Deluxe Tattoo is allegedly one of the best shops in the US. Jason Vaughn of Deluxe has a pretty impressive portfolio.

Mystic Tattoo on the corner of Cicero and Belmont is where a friend named Nick works, who does awesome, clean, traditional Americana style tattoos with a certain amount of panache.



Way too many good artists.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know whenever you end up getting your ink - I'd love to profile you on my Chicago Tattoo blog! I love what you've done with what I can see of your sleeve.
    www.chicagonow.com/freshink

    ReplyDelete