Thursday, January 6, 2011

Showing Incredible Restraint...

Hi friends:

One last post before I retreat from the blog and try and get some work done.

I've been refraining from commenting on the dire situation at my beloved Aston Villa Football Club this season, but I'm holding out until Saturday before taking the gloves off. I had the unfortunate privilege of watching bits of the Sunderland match, and I was terribly, terribly disappointed with how they played.

Are we that desperate that Dunne was playing up top and people were just hoofing the ball to anyone big? I got worried when I saw Collins attacking the net a few weeks ago, because as a CB, one would think they'd have the discipline and form to thread some controlled passes through a midfield onto the wings and have a forward motivated enough to hit the crossbar. If only someone like Stuart Downing could have out-muscled and out-hustled the Sunderland defense to put a sitter out there for Emile Heskey to tap in...Oh. Right.

Things are not well at Villa Park. Refraining from commenting any further until the weekend's match.

Meh. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment