Monday, October 4, 2010

Mountain Energei

"To get a mortgage, you need an income lid...I thought it was free."



Mark E. Smith is an absolute legend. I have to say that my worries about money have made a lot of Fall songs feel more relevant to me. I'm trying desperately to get my funds in order. I'm reading the book The Fallen, which is a series of interviews with various ex-members of The Fall. The first chapter is a long interview with Mark E. Smith, and his vision of his music/art/livelihood is really head-turning. "It's like football--sometimes you have to go and replace the centre-forward." Crazy.

TONS of great music got acquired this week--AA Bondy, Deerhunter, Interpol, Grinderman, Women, Gentleman Jesse, Crystal Castles, Tom Waits, and much more. The new No Age was an awesome surprise. Great record.

This is all totally making me want to record more music. Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment